Old 11-05-2012, 02:12 PM
chris_quilts

Originally Posted by grant15clone View Post
The day after I sold a Pfaff 229 automatic. I purchased a Pfaff 230 that was not an automatic. The 229 and the 230 are really the same machine. I really could not find anything that was different between the two other than the number on the side. The automatic and non automatic are pretty similar but the non automatics are much simpler than the automatics. The non automatics can't do all of the fancy stitches that the automatics can do though. The automatics are pretty crowded under the top cover and not easy to work on things that are buried underneath and are very complicated machines. I thought that I would show a side by side of the two machines together. My new friend Kathy, yes you BoJangles, and I were IM-ing each other on this subject and it wasn't just me that didn't know that there were models of Pfaff machines that were automatic and non automatic but carried the same model numbers. I thought that I would pass this along to avoid some confusion for others in the future as well. [ATTACH=CONFIG]374556[/ATTACH]
Grant; thank you for the pictures. Wow, very interesting and how complicated the top one looks in comparison to the bottom one ~ that was my 1st thought.