Old 11-05-2012, 05:26 PM
grant15clone

I'll just talk to the horse AND you at the same time then. lol. Be careful, I think that the stitch wheels might not be interchangeable on Pfaff's and possibly mislabeled And,... may have misled you, me, and others in the process. I'm still doing research on that. Yes! Quite a difference between the auto and non auto. Still wrapping my head around Pfaff's too. But this black non auto is SO sweet, quiet, and so well behaved, I just am having a hard time thinking about letting it go. I have promised it to a friend though and I know that I'm going to have to let it go soon makes me sad in a way.
Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Grant, WOW that comparison is really an eye opener! I have been trying the different stitches on my 260, which is also an automatic version, and I find it pretty complicated to use. I really loved using the 360 for FM. I tried the 260 for FM, but couldn't get the same quality stitches because of the way I had the machine set! It took me a while to figure out what I had set wrong - so many dials! I was trying to finish a Patchability and decided to just go with my Singer 503a, Rocketeer! That machine is really easy to use. I never did figure out how to get a blind or blanket stitch with the Pfaff 260, even though, the book shows the blind stitch? I will play some more when I am not pushed to get something done!

Again thank you for the photos comparing the automatic to the non-automatic! We are all learning all the time. We have just ventured into the Pfaff world - at least I have jumped in with both feet! It is very interesting to learn about these vintage machines!

Nancy (BoJangles is that black horse in my Avator)