Old 11-05-2012, 06:08 PM
chris_quilts

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Chris you know I have a lot of machines. I only had 4 Pfaff's until recently, now I have 8 - and I want more. I have had a Pfaff set up on the kitchen counter for a couple months - one or the other of my recent Pfaffs. I have been using them, playing with them, trying to get to know the machines, and yes they are a little complicated at first! Well, today I put the Pfaff away and got out the Rocketeer to finish a project. I can't believe the difference in these machines. I have always loved the Rocketeer, but it can't even be compared to a Pfaff. Those Pfaffs run so strong, so quiet, so smooth. The 301 and the Rocketeer sound so loud compared to the Pfaff. Even DH commented on the 'new' loud tinny noise coming out of the machine I am using now. He got so used to the Pfaff's, which are very quiet running. I still love my 'other' machines, but I am very rapidly becoming a Pfaff collector! Once, you get a vintage Pfaff you will be hooked. The one really big issue, though, is the weight! They all weigh over 40 lbs! Probably why they are so quiet running!

There is a 332 for sale here I have been watching, but it looks just like my 230 so I have not gone after it. Yet!

Nancy
Nancy; I love my 301s so am not too overly anxious to get one but I do keep on looking. I know the Pfaffs are heavy suckers but so are some of the other older vintage/antique ladies and gents. The reality is that the herd needs thinning before too much more acquisition takes place because I am running out of room. I do have a release plan but it will take some time which I currently have very little of free due to work requirements. Thank you for the information about the Pfaffs. I keep hoping to stumble across one where the owner doesn't know what he/she has and is selling dirt cheap.
Chris