Old 11-05-2012, 06:19 PM
coffeebreak

Default Orca Whale/ Bargello quilt...done..finally..not happy tho!

I have been talking about this for some time...now it is done. I am not to happy with it..just didn't turn out like I had hoped, but my GD loves Orcas and the panel came out very nicely with the outline of the whales and water etc...so I know she'll like that, and that will be on top all the time! It is just a few inches shorter than a twin size quilt

I did outline on the panel of the whales and the water...then Meandered (widely) the rest of it. The back is Bargello style. I was hoping for a "wave" effect...white capes etc..but that didn't turn out. I started trying for a beach and wave effect (beach = the dark black/brown at the bottom) and then the waves, but that didn't work! The squares are 1,1/2 - 2,1/2" wide. The meandering from the front is what is on the back and hidden alot with the colors. I wanted a soft cuddly quilt... but this one isn't it. I thin between the many squares and seams it just didn't work out.Back doesn't look so good.

I know she will love the front with the whales, but I dont' think she will give a care about the back, in spite of all my hard work! I don't even like it! But, can't toss it, so I'll just have a reason to make her another one!

Thanks to everyone that gave me suggestions and direction.
Attached Thumbnails whale-1.jpg   whale-2-bargello.jpg