Old 11-06-2012, 06:14 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by melinda1962 View Post
I was one of the lucky ones who found a Pfaff 230 Automatic, with the metal can of feet and 3 bobbins, with the cute circle foot control for $10. It was in a cruddy case, and I had no idea it was so cool. Neither did the seller. It was marked $20, and I sort of smirked at the ugly case, and the man said, "How about $10?" Well within two days, my uncle drove up with a cabinet his wife's mom didn't want anymore, and said I could have it, and the Pfaff went right in. Ta Dah!! It is awesome. I do not have the original stitch wheel, but I had made my own just playing with the machine. I am glad more Pfaffs are finding new homes.
Melinda, did you know that the bobbins for your 230 are the same bobbins that the 130, 260, 360, 1222 all use? At least Pfaff kept the same bobbin for their machines! So far my original 130 and 1222e bobbins, which are exactly the same bobbin, work on all my other vintage Pfaffs. The only ones they don't work with are my computerized embroidery - modern - machine and my Grand Quilter. I am not sure about the treadle? I will have to check that out.

Nancy