View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 06:28 AM
kateyb

I recently found an entire set of BOMs from JoAnns with the complete setting kit for $6 at a local thrift store. It finishes 87" x 87". I couldn't believe my luck. Ocassionally I find fabric but not often. Several years ago, when my daughter needed to do student teaching and needed cloths other than jeans and t-shirts we got cloths at a local thrift store at their end of month $4 bag sale over the summer. She spent $40 and since I could do a few alterations, change buttons, shorten hems, etc. she had an entire wardrobe including 2 wool skirts, 1 wool pants, and a beautiful silk dress for special ocassions.
There has been a few times I have purchased an ugly blouse with beautiful buttons for less than a dollar. My SIL likes tropical print shirts and I found a brand new one for $3 in his size. He loves it.
We have a donation table at our guild. I have gotten books, fabrics, patterns, magazines and they just ask for a donation that goes into the guilds general fund. I recently got an out of print book I have been wanting for ages that is way expensive even on Amazon. I gave a good donation for that one.