Old 11-06-2012, 06:36 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by makitmama View Post
I got a Pfaff 130 locally last week, and was impressed. However, it is missing the bobbin winder. So I took my annual bonus and bought one from Zeus Machines this week. If you haven't seen his stuff, it is amazing. I will leave it set up for leather, with #93 thread and a double needle.
Does anyone use one just for leather/tarp/sails?
I have my mother's 130. She used that machine for everything from fancy dresses to covering furniture. I know she made leather gloves, chaps also, and who knows what else she did with that 130. It was used almost every day for 51 years! She wouldn't use any other machine even when I bought her a more 'modern' Pfaff! She went back to the 130! I know those 130's were used to make sails! I haven't tried using it for leather. I have two 31-20's that I will use for tack (horse stuff) repair. But, I don't think you can hurt that 130 - that is one tough machine. Mom only had her 130 serviced once in 51 years - and that was because I shamed her into it! The service guy told her to take it home and use it - that that machine was like a great old friend - just keep on using it!

Nancy