View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 01:55 PM
QuilterMomma

I see that piece of paper with some beautiful applique patterns, with those wonderful antique sewing machines, with those beautiful flying geese. I am thinking that you need to mix some of those blocks in with the antique machines in a pleasing configuration and we can build a 2 rows above and 2 rows down with that same antique theme going thru. Since you are thinking of keeping in the sewing room idea, we could do a spool block and make the strips for thread colors varigated and use wood fabric for the old time wood spools. Applique some needles with a sewing basket block to add for the sewing room. Also do a pincushion block a fabric block while keeping with those applique blocks on that piece of paper. If you were to send this around, that is what I would add to the mix. Since your colors are on the warm side of things, we probably have fabric that would contribute to that. I would set them in the row with two outside towards top and the middle towards bottom and frame around them as such, not knowing what the dimensions are of your sewing machine blocks.