Old 11-06-2012, 07:14 PM
auntpiggylpn

Originally Posted by Nanamoms View Post
When I go shopping...about once a month for a large shopping list, I end up with 10-15 bags of groceries. I then reuse the bags for trash can bags or donate to my library. Also, my Krogers have "recyclable bins" to bring back your plastic bags. Somehow, I just can't see me hauling 10-15 bags to the grocery store...just my opinion!!

I agree, sometimes we can cut off our nose to spite our face in the "green world"!!
Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
Me too! I can't see me walking in the store with an arm full of bags and keeping them in the cart with the groceries. I don't buy a few items at a time. That's a waste of my time. When I grocery shop, I shop to stock.
You eventually get in the habit of taking the bags in with you. I take a bag into every store I go to, not just the grocery store. Now, I'm not saying I don't forget the bags in the car sometimes because that does happen. I do re use the plastic bags from the stores as garbage bags too so I get lots of use out of them. If I get a big supply of them, I will take them to Meijer and put in their grocery bag recycling bin.

Also, I have read that several cities are going to the practice of charging for each plastic bag due to the large amount of littering of the bags. A nickle might not mean much to some of us but to some people it is everything.