Old 11-07-2012, 07:38 AM
rjwilder

I live in Calif. in an area where Wal-Mart doesn't have bags, you can either bring your own or buy theirs. I have dozens of homemade bags and keep them in our cars. My bags are all washable and the ones for meat are made from fabric with a vinyl liner. Bacteria is all over the grocery store, shopping carts, hand baskets, in the crates the produce is shipped in, on the hands of the workers, and the conveyor belt at the checkout. So, if you are really concerned about the bacteria and the bags you should wash all your produce before you put it inthe refrigerator and wipe down all the meat containers, boxes and cans before you store those. Just think, how many times have you been in the store and a child is coughing or sneezing? That's all airborne bacteria and germs landing who knows where. Another thought, do you take your purse into the restroom? If so it's full of germs and bacteria, how many of you go home and put it on the counter or table? I don't think there is an easy way to avoid bacteria and germs anyplace we go.