Old 11-07-2012, 08:03 AM
Geri B

Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie View Post
I have a problem getting stuff into the house. I can handle a few heavy bags, but I can not handle a bunch of small bags that split and break and drop stuff under my car. I once bought 43 items that were put into 31 bags. I can't handle that. 4 of my shopping bags would have held every bit of it.

I just throw the bags in the washer with other kitchen stuff and I'm ready for the next shopping trip.
\

I agree the plastic bags are getting thinner and thinner..........I think I will look into making a few of these shopping bags...I DO vaguely remember my grandmother using "shopping bags" along with the little wheeled pusher, since grocery stores were a few blocks away from home....now we need cars to get to shopping centers...........but anyway........my solution to getting those many thin plastic bags from my car (in the driveway) to the house......I have a kids red wagon in the garage, I open garage, get wagon, load from car and pull into garage-and unload there....U ask why not just pull car into garage....well, it is 2 1/2 car and it is pretty much used for "other" things.......overflow storage, a craft table, dog cages, workshop, etc.............I do now use those plastic bags for dog walks, cat litter boxes, small trash containers in bathrooms, bedrooms.........but I am willing to try using a shopping bag........Yes, it is true that in Europe many use those net type shopping bags, but they also go shopping almost daily-in the towns anyway, but those net type bags are great too.