View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 10:17 AM
Bluelady

Default I was volunteered! Help!

My (ex)DIL decided to make cot quilts for her husbands troop over in Afghanistan. 15 in all. She has made 2 quilts in her life. She thought she could whip them out. (when I visited her in TN last April I made a quilt for her new baby (one of my granddaughters by choice) and yes, I did "whip it out" in two evenings. She got the wrong idea from that I think!

I told her I would help her out and do a couple of them for her. HA! She sent me a list of 9 of the boys' names and their favorite color.
I have finished two of the tops, hope to get them quilted and bound by next week, and maybe another top finished. But I work full time and it is rather difficult to balance work and quilting. She wants to send them overseas within two weeks.
I am hoping someone can help me out, either with some blocks or with maybe even a finished quilt.
The quilts need to be about 45 x 65, so nine inch blocks would be perfect.
I still need to make a couple green quilts, a couple black quilts and a couple green quilts and a red quilt. I will post pics of the tops I have done so far, once I find my camera.

Thank you for any help you can give. I will repay with RAKs, PIFs, and send you fat quarters for your help.

Last edited by Bluelady; 11-08-2012 at 10:25 AM.