View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 04:48 PM
Anastasia

Originally Posted by MTS View Post
OK, don't shoot me but I'm a bit anal when it comes to this stuff.

I see the way you pieced the Jacob's Ladder, but it looks to me like some of those 4 patches in the corner of some of the blocks need to turned so that the ladder is continuous.

Unless it's some allegory about falling off the ladder........

(it's the 4 patch in some of those blocks, in others, it's whole quarter block that's off - meaning the outside patches aren't in the correct position either)
It took me a little while to see that cause I liked the overall look anyways, but as someone who's new to quilting I can say, that my first quilt top I started making, I made this kind of error, and it was in the middle of a couple of blocks, and the blocks hated me as it was, and I was like.. this is for charity, I don't care enough to rip it out, but since i'm also OCD about that kind of stuff but REALLY didn't want to re-do them, the quilt has not been completed. I don't find it horribly distracting in this particular pattern/color scheme and if it was me making THIS quilt, I probably would have left it and continued.

THAT said, *I* appreciate that you are willing to offer constructive criticism and I invite you to do so on my postings in the future.

Additionally, *I* did not notice MY error in MY quilt blocks until I had posted a picture and my aunt and mother pointed it out to me. So I was glad they did. Sometimes we don't see them until people point it out.

Last edited by Anastasia; 11-08-2012 at 04:53 PM.