Old 11-08-2012, 06:32 PM
LynnVT

Originally Posted by smanry View Post
It sounds to me like either the feed dogs are down or the bobbin winding clutch was left engaged and the owner doesn't know how to pop it off. I think it's a good gamble, myself. One of my machines is an older predecessor, the MC 7000, and it still runs like a champ.
I have this machine and was thinking just what smanry said here. Also, it seems to be missing the embroidery hoop and there is only the one card with it. They may still cost about $50 each, not sure what the hoop goes for. It's hard to see whether the bobbin post is pushed into winding position, which would be the reason the screen says what it does. If you buy it, expect to pay a minimum of $100 for service. As with new cars, where you need computer expertise to fix it, a computerized machine can't be tinkered with the way you can with an old Singer or something. I love my Jan, but it is kind of a "pig in a poke" to buy it this way. I still think it sure has potential. I paid half price for mine when they came out with the MC1000.