View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 05:43 AM
Scraplady

If you've had your scissors for some time, it's not surprising the new "identical" pair is not. It seems like manufacturers are always changing things. I have a pair of Ginghers that spend most of their time in the box they came in. They were a gift from my sister years ago and I was always afraid to leave them out where my children, or worse--my husband, could find them and ruin them cutting cardboard. Sadly I never got in the habit of using them because they stayed in that box.

But I know what it's like to have a "favorite." I had a little pair of dangerously pointed embroidery scissors that I've used for years when hand-sewing. I like to sit in the sunporch in the morning and stitch because all the natural light is great for my aging eyes! Well, we replaced the carpet in that room with ceramic tile this spring. The first time I dropped those scissors on the floor, they landed point first. Nothing I tried straightened that tip out. They just aren't the same. I've been through three other pairs since then and can't find one that feels right to my hand.

Hope yours turn up!