View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 07:15 AM
Nanamoms

You are not alone!! I just bought a new pair of 8" Ginghers at Joanne's. I've had Fiskars but both pair are getting old and either won't cut from the base or won't cut all the way to the tip. So I had a coupon and purchased the new pair of Ginghers. They are very stiff and it takes a lot of pressure to cut. I think I started a thread about this about 3=4 weeks ago. I haven't oil mine yet.

Someone suggested on my thread that they like the spring loaded Ginghers but I haven't tried them.

I just purchased a pair of Mundail at Hancock's and couldn't try them out before hand. When I got home, I opened them and they are HORRIBLE!! So back they are going! UGH It is so frustrating to not be able to find a great pair of scissors.

BTW, I do have a pair of the spring loaded Fiskars which do a pretty good job and my son came over to install a shower curtain rod for me. I caught him cutting the plastic straps on the packaging with my Fiskars. I jerked them out of his hand and he kinda looked at me funny. HEHE I told him those were the only fabric scissors that cut halfway decent and he couldn't use them on the plastic!! Now I may make him bring me home a good pair from the hospital!!!!