Old 10-17-2009, 07:59 AM
nellebelles

I have been in that same place before--I started out with a pattern and fabric that I loved but as the quilt progressed, I ended up hating it. So what happened? Well, for me, it was that I'd spent so much time working on it and for the most part, working on it at a very stressful time in my life. I decided to put it away (which I did, for a number of YEARS...). I got it back out, still with much to do on it. I, too, feel compelled to finish a project that I start. To make a long story short, I did finish the quilt, and once again, I love the fabric and the pattern, and look back on the "process" and am proud of myself for sticking with it. So, my advice to you, which has already been given and which I second, is to put it away for awhile, take it out and finish it. I believe you will be proud of yourself for having done so.
Another thing you might want to do, is analyze why you hate it. Did you always hate it? Are you doing this for someone else? Do you hate the quilt because it is easier to hate it, than something else going on in your life at this time? If you can figure out why you hate this quilt, you might be able to figure out a way to NOT hate this quilt.