View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 02:31 PM
woody

Default Advice needed on Watercolour Quilt

I am hoping to get some advice from those of you that have made at least a lap sized watercolour quilt.
I would love to make one about 55" x 65" in this sort of design http://www.etsy.com/listing/10670913...hristian-cross for my Godmother, who has recently lost her husband.

I don't have much of a stash, especially not much in the way of florals so I was thinking of puchasing the pre cut squares, but would you get the 2"or the 4" squares? I haven't seen a watercolour quilt in person so it is hard to imagine what they would look like.

Also, the thought of sewing all those squares together is a bit daunting? Is there an easier way? Can you strip piece it? Any Books or websites you would recommend? I haven't been able to find any kits for a larger sized quilt, but this might be an option if the will post to Australia.

Thanks for your help, I really would love to get this right for my Godmother. If anyone has any other suggestions for quilt anlong the same sort of theme, I would love to see it too.