View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 05:43 PM
captlynhall

I was visiting my son a few weeks ago, and was helping make dinner by frying shrimp. The tongs he had were too big for my hands, but I opened them anyway to get a 'better' grip. Wrong move. I lost control, the tongs were in the hot grease picking up shrimp when they popped open spraying hot grease all over me. I got burns on my neck, both arms and the only thing that protected my upper torso was my cloths, and my feet because I had on topsider shoes. I immediately rinsed under cold water at the sink and grabbed ice and proceeded to rub all the burn areas continuously with the ice. We went to the drug store and I bought Solarcaine Gel for burns. When you put this on the burn the pain stops immediately. The pain free doesn't last long, so you put it on again and again. I did that most of the evening. By the time I went to be I did not feel any pain. The burns turned red, but did not blister. I had used this gel 15 yrs. ago when I had burned my finger badly grabbing a knife that had been holding open an oven door. At that time, I hurt so badly I was almost in tears and the pharmacist recommended the Gel. It is really great.