View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 08:42 PM
Nanatoone

Default Trouble with stitch regulator

Originally Posted by Chester the bunny View Post
Has anyone had trouble with their stitch regulator where it sews fine and then leaves a gigantic space of anywhere from a 1/4" to a full inch without making a stitch. I'm using it on my Janome 1600 on a quilting frame and I'm ready to pack it in and take the machine off the frame and just quilt without the regulator, with my foot pedal, hand pushing my quilt along like I used to do .... it's slower but less frustrating.
Any help would be much appreciated!

Carole
Hi Carole, I have a stitch regulator on my Janome 1600p I have had problems with the last three quilts i have quilted. Mine will sew fine until i get to the last few rows and then it starts skipping stitches about an inch long. My friend said she thought i needed to add some length to the leader that the top was pinned on, i added 12 more inches and decided to try it on this third quilt. Two rows left and guess what. SKIPPED STITCHES.I am past frustrated. I called the Grace company and they said send the regulator back to be checked.I mailed it to them yesterday and hope they find out what the problem is. I bought this machine and frame last December and have had this problem on all my quilts. I have tried everything to stop it and nothing helps. I never thought it might be the regulator. i will see!!!