View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 03:50 AM
Edie

I start any soup around 5:00 AM and cook it ALL day long, low and slow. I cook with beef, venison or chicken, turkey and it always turns out nice and tender. The longer it cooks, the tender-er it gets. Either crock pot or top of stove, makes no never mind, it turns out! Venison is almost more tender than beef. Good luck. I don't make a big deal out of soup, just throw in whatever is available, barley for sure with beef and venison - rice or noodles with chicken and turkey. The more you tend to it, the more it tends to bite you in the butt!!!!!!!! We enjoy "slop" suppers the most around here. That is usually reserved for Thursday (the night the refrigerator gets emptied) - shopping on Friday. So whatever is floating around in the fridge without any green on it, goes in the pot. I can make a mean soup! You wanna try something absolutely delicious and fast????? Bear Creek Bean Soup mix (in a bag) - about $3.49. Makes a lot of soup and then I add diced ham to it! Does that make a super soup!!!! Haven't tried the other Bear Creek, because I like to make my own, but my Mom made it (age 96) and gave me a taste and I was hooked. Has a little kick to it. Good on a cold night!!!!! Have fun with your soup! Edie