Old 11-10-2012, 06:11 AM
grandmere2667

Default Janome / Babylock experience

Originally Posted by Bevsie View Post
Hi
I think your LQS where you bought your Espire sold you a machine that needed work, to put it nicely. I have a Symphony (no Symphony embroiders) and absolutely love it! I've had it for two years and it sews through anything and does it beautifully! Not one issue with it, and if there was one my dealer would be sure it was resolved!
I don't know about a comparable Janome, just felt bad your should be wonderful machine isn't!
Bev
After seeing the Janome Horizon (7700) demonstrated, I brought it home on approval for two weeks, good price (under $2K a year ago), but I just didn't like it. Didn't like the dark base of the machine, particularly didn't like the organization of the electronic board (I'd sit there and think, now what does IT want me to do). Anyway, I took it back and bought a Babylock Symphony, and I love it. It seems intuitive to me, love the features, the stitches that can be super-sized, (great for borders on little quilts), the easy threading, the needle threader, the cutter (OMG) the whole deal. Great looking stitches, love the way it sews over differing weights of fabric. Have a wonderful LQS as well. Came with lots of extras and I especially like their warranty. (My old machine is an Elna 6001 Quilter's Dream, which I still love, but I wanted that thread cutter and something a bit fancier. The Elna never has given me a moment of trouble, in 9 years. Still have it.)