Old 10-17-2009, 11:25 AM
Feathers

Originally Posted by Marcia
Originally Posted by mumtoliam
Now that I can see some more - I like the burgundy and the yellow... are you thinking of adding a border, If so, what are you considering? If you use the yellow as background the burgundy would make a nice narrow border to frame them with a wider yellow border or the original fabric.
This is a great idea.

I think the background color you select will depend on the look you are going for. If you want a "light and airy" look, then go for the yellow. If you want a great contrast to make your kaleidoscope blocks stand out then go for the burgundy. The green does not make the quilt light and airy nor does it give enough contrast to make the blocks stand out.

Be sure to take your blocks with you when you go to the store, and don't hesitate to open up fabric you are considering and lay out your blocks on it and step back and take a look. Plus, you will get an opinion from every passer-by who will just love what you are doing!!!

I still think your blocks are gorgeous and this is going to be a great quilt!!
All of you guys are so full of great ideas. I plan to follow through on each idea you've all given me and by the time this quilt is made I will have spent more tim on it than any other in my life but I'm so thrilled with the blocks I just think the quilt deserves the best I can give it (I always try to do my best but sometimes I fall a bit short!) :!: :!:

Thank you all.