View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 03:17 PM
starr511

Hi
No, this is not a kit. I bought the fabric online after I found the pattern. So, I have extra fabric. I think I will take your advise and just start making the squares. See how much extra fabric I have, I may have enough to make extra blocks. If not, maybe make different blocks. Not sure. I may pm you when I get a few blocks finished. Would that be ok? I just might make 2 more rows. Not sure about the width. Maybe 1 or 2 extra?
Thanks again!

Originally Posted by MTS View Post
No.

If you make the quilt as per the pattern directions (and it states it on the first page), the quilt will be 64" square.

You want one that will fit a full size bed.

In order to make THAT pattern fit a full size bed, you need to add the 3" (sides) and 13.5" (top/bottom) borders so it will be around 70" x 91" (the size you want).

The beige borders is depicting (poorly, I guess) the additional borders you would need to add.
The three colored borders mirror the three borders ALREADY on the pattern.

Now, not to confuse the issue, there are numerous other design options you could use to enlarge.
I just offered the quickest and easiest.

If I were you, I'd get started on the blocks, get a bit comfortable working with the fabric, and you can think about how you might want to enlarge it as you're working.

Is this a kit?