View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 06:42 PM
mpeters1200

Default FINALLY found some inspiration

Thanks to the wonderful peeps on this board, after 3 long weekends, I was able to unpack all of my quilt boxes after we moved and I have a real live sewing room now! Then I wasn't sure where/what to start. I started a tradition a couple years ago of making baby quilts for the teachers that are expecting at the elementary school. Right after my husbands surgery earlier this year, one of my youngest sons' had a baby girl. Then one of the bosses at work had a long awaited boy....my only niece on my side made me a "great" aunt this week, and I found out my youngest son's other teacher from last year is now also expecting...I have more babies than baby quilts! But I have a real stash and I took a deep breath and just jumped in....finally.

So I stitched almost all of a baby sized Stairway to Heaven today . I organized all the fabrics I want to use in a little Warm Wishes for the boss' son, put all the FQ's I want to use for a crafty class together and perused the internet for a pink giraffe fabric (which I couldn't find) for my great-niece. I cannot believe I got so much done today. My sewing room is right next to the laundry room and the boys' rec room so I was near enough to hear any potential mischief making.

I am so happy to have gotten so much done! And it all started in the organizational thread on this board. A huge thank you to all the quilters that have helped me overcome my recent creative slump. Couldn't have done it without you.