View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 06:37 PM
jj82

My best friend passed away from cancer in 2003. We had a tradition, since our children were little, of doing the Black Friday sales. It was the one day we spent together without kids and husbands. Over the years that we did this we had some hilarious things happen while we were shopping. One year we were at Walmart and I had finished my shopping but she wasn't finished. I left to go to Sears to purchase a major item I wanted and was going to return to pick her up later. When I returned to Walmart, there were police cruisers and fire trucks everywhere. I had no clue what was happening. There were people standing everywhere but I could not find her. I drove down every parking row looking for her. Finally, I heard someone calling my name, it was my friend. She had gotten in a vehicle with some other ladies who gave her shelter from the cold (it was freezing outside). Then she explained that immediately after I left they announced over the intercom that everyone needed to exit the store because there had been a bomb threat! We had lots of laughs over that. I still miss my friend, more so this time of the year. Now, my daughter and daughter-in-law tag along.