View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 10:44 PM
marytoddliz

I love the spool, and heaven knows I have lots of empty ones, the cats play with them, until I step on them in the dark! But it is still better than the darn mouse that squeaks and makes me jump outta my skin!

I love all the great ideas for making ornaments.

Beth, You need to charge more! you can always come down on your prices, but I agree with Brat, charge more for them at first. The big craft fair I do every year is Dec 1st and they have some that are not even as cute and they were selling for $5, but part of the price is truly where you are selling! If I try to sell things in my own neighborhood, I get nothing, but I drive up the hill into the million dollar homes area, Stuff sells and for a good price. I think the reason is the people who live in those homes really do appreciate good quality workmanship, where as my neighborhood, Walmart or the $1 store is good enough!

I have been trying to get my stuff featured in a boutique where the people who live in those wonderful homes shop! I am taking some stuff in to see if she want to try and sell it. There has to be something for being able to get local artists to sell. After all if she runs out I can drive right over and restock!

I love that denim ornament! i have a few denim items (Our business is recycled Denim mostly) I have a few ornaments, didn't even think of trading them here! next year for sure.