Old 11-12-2012, 01:28 AM
Tropical

Originally Posted by willferg View Post
One time I was sewing a pair of shorts for one of my kids. I don't recall exactly how I did it because it doesn't bear thinking about too closely, but somehow I sewed side to side instead of front to back and ended up with a pair that had a huge round waist and tight skinny legs. I probably could have ripped the seams out and fixed it, but I was so mortified I tossed the whole thing. And no, it wasn't even my first time sewing shorts!
I started giggling as soon as I had read as far as "pair of shorts." I just knew how you were going to finish that statement. When I was a young teenager and first starting to sew w/o my Mom standing right beside me, I decided to make a pair of shorts. I was so proud of myself until I finished and checked my work. I had done the same thing you did. I was by myself, but I was mortified and checked to make sure Mom hadn't seen what I had done. I quickly took them apart and read the pattern (as I should have done to begin with) and followed the directions to finish them correctly. Thank you so much for the funny memory. I did tell Mom what I had done and we laughed together. I was still a bit embarrassed though.