Old 11-12-2012, 12:12 PM
grant15clone

Looks can be deceiving. I had picked up a Dressmaker recently and was checking it out today. No, not that kind of Dressmaker, the sewing machine kind. LOL! [ATTACH=CONFIG]376166[/ATTACH] I have seen many posts here saying what wonderful machines they are and I found one that I thought looked good on the outside but was apprehensive. It was locked up. So that concerned me. The guy I bought it from told me that if I didn't want it he was going to sell it for scrap(a threat?). He also told me that he had taken a few Treadle machines and scrapped them already. Thinking that it would suffer the same fate, I took a chance and bought it. My instincts were right after all. The short of it is that it has two metal gears in it that have broken teeth on them. So the poor old girl is not worth saving any more. But I recently picked up a Clone that needed some parts and this is going to be the donor for most of those parts and at least the Clone will be up and running soon thanks to the Dressmaker's parts.
~G~
Attached Thumbnails dressmaker.1.jpg