View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 01:21 PM
margecam52

This may help, it's worked for me for satin stitching. Lay a strip of wax paper over the area you need to zigzag on & stitch on the wax paper...this puts a thin coat of wax on the needle, that comes off in the fabric...but it prevents any glue build up (clean your needle first). I got the idea from a website for embroidery by machine.
The person was embroidering on velvet...and had to use sticky back stabilizer...as you don't want to hoop vlevet...the wax paper also made a good topper for her embroidery. I decided to try it on an appliqued top...and it worked. Just be careful pulling the paper off the zigzag.

Originally Posted by angiecub View Post
All,
I've done just a few applique projects and have really enjoyed it until now. I normally use Heat-n-Bond and do a zig zag stitch on the edges, but Joann Fabrics no longer carries Heat-n-Bond, so I bought Steam a Seam Lite instead. I noticed the zig zag stitches are skipping so there are large spaces in between stitches. I changed sewing machines, and it is happening with both. This didn't happen on my first block, so I am fairly sure it is the steam a seam gumming up the needle. Has anyone else had this problem and if so, what can I do? I have already ironed the shapes to the blocks, so I will have to start over and cut everything out again if this problem can't be corrected. Appreciate whatever input you can provide...Angie