Old 11-12-2012, 03:06 PM
Anastasia

Ok.. soooooo.. I got the requirements and guidelines and whatnot of the job i start tomorrow and I already feel incredibly isolated. May not use their computers for anything outside of processing the work, can't use the email for anything other than specific business communication, can't use phone or text or anything. can't even check my personal email.. I understand it, it's data protection.. and nearly all jobs SAY you can't do these things and generally you can if you're not a nimrod and download stuff.. so we'll see how strict they adhere to it when i get there but it's gonna be lonely not getting to text. If they say no mp3 player while working, well then I'm just gonna walk out. for real. You can't take away all outside communication, as well as inside communication, no snacks (did I mention that? no snacks!) and no cafeteria and late night hours and "boring" work and then tell me I can't have music.. there would be unpleasant consequences to that. But I didn't see that in there.. just saw that I can't plug my mp3 player into their computer.. which is fine, there's no reason to.

Anyhoot.. I'm nervous and wanna barf about it. It's been like a year since i actually worked and it scares me.