Old 11-12-2012, 03:44 PM
SharonAnne

Originally Posted by brenda21 View Post
SharonAnne~I was just thinking about you and there you go and post... wondered where you'd been....hope you enjoyed your familys visit!! And, I just KNOW that cowl is coming to me..hahah...can definitely use it too! this crazy weather in Texas goes from 80's to 30's in the matter of a day!
Jaba's box could also be coming to me...
My box is leaving in the morning....didn't want my pal to get everything in one day since I have her on another swap this month too !!!
Oh, Brenda, if you only knew the half of it. lol. My family's visit was my MIL who has recently broken up with her 83 yo "boy"friend. She has a good heart, but she drove me crazy with her non-stop, no coming up for air, hour long, complain and tell-all fest about said ex. There is no intimate about him and her that was left unsaid. Waaaayyy more than I ever needed or wanted to know. If I EVER mentioned an iota about my DH like she said about her ex, my DH would be locked up for strangling me. Needless to expound any further, but MIL is about the least tactful person I have ever met. I have to feel sorry for her because she is so innocent that she is childlike, tactless and abrasive. If she was vindictive, it would be different. So I can't fault her, but I CAN and DO get very stressed and anxious for her to leave - a little of her goes a long ways. She left this morning, so I pampered myself.

First - shopping. Second - took DH to lunch (he had to work, so I had a ME day). Third - haircut and style. If money were no object, I'd have one of those everyday. Forget a housekeeper and cook, and just give me a hairdresser... And after I'm tired of the computer, it's back to sewing and crafting. It has been an excellent day off!!!! And better yet, my boss is in Hawaii all this week, so it will be an easy 4 days. It was sunny and 62 degrees, just as I like it, too.

I found exactly what was on my SP's wish list, and decided I wanted it also, so bought 2. JoAnn's did not have it, but surprisingly a LQS had it in stock. They hardly carry anything interesting, so I almost fell over when I saw it hanging on the wall.

What are the chances you would get the same partner in the same month for 2 swaps. Wow. There must be a good reason for that!!

Thanks for thinking of me. Everytime I see a postcard, I think of you and your encouragement on the first one I ever made. I'll try to join that contest this month, too.

OK, I'm off to make ornaments. TTFN.