View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 07:22 PM
Prism99
Power Poster

Originally Posted by mom2boyz View Post
I have been reading threads about the pros & cons of this method. I would like to try it on a small quilt. I bought Elmer's Washable, no run School Glue. Is this the right one?
That's the right one. I just brought mine over to the computer and it says exactly what you wrote. This is what I use to glue-pin bindings (using my iron). Some people also use it to baste the quilt sandwich, drizzling it on in thin lines, but I haven't tried it that way.

The glue washes out completely. You use it to hold things together until you can sew it together with thread. Thread holds everything together when the glue washes out.

Ironing dries the glue quickly, which is why I iron when using it to glue down binding before sewing. When using it to baste a quilt sandwich together, most people just let it dry naturally overnight. On a small quilt, you would baste the backing and batting together, let dry naturally, then glue the batting and top together and allow to dry. Or, if you are ambitious, you can iron to make it dry faster.