View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 08:25 PM
mm_dancer

Default My Favourite Quilt

I finally finished this quilt. It was quite the journey. It started with a minky backing that my mom bought for Christmas in 2009. I matched fabric to go with it from a pattern in a magazine. The quilt was a square and so I made it up and decided it was too small, so went back (to the states I might add) and got the tiny bit more fabric I needed to add another row. The problem was that I had used a piece from my mom's stash in it (white with little black polka dots in even rows), but hey its a common fabric I'll be able to get it anywhere..... WRONG! Took me a long time, long time and many stores to find it. Was giving teeny pieces of it to people to keep theirs eyes open for me. Finally found it on a trip to Nova Scotia in a little quilt shop off the beaten path in a kit for a table runner. Purchased it and finally finished the quilt top.

Took me a while to get around to quilting it (was scared to use the minky backing), but finished it recently and absolutely love it. Only wish it was a little bigger to go on my bed.... next on the wishlist is a bed size quilt with minky backing!!!

It bothers me a little that the pattern is not symmetrical vertically, but what can you do!
Attached Thumbnails 643917_4492446283217_905975337_n.jpg   262145_4492446563224_991086730_n.jpg