Old 11-12-2012, 08:59 PM
Anastasia

heheh. I dunno. I'm used to working through breaks and working overtime, often by choice, but the last job it was managed down to the minute what you could and could not be doing. I went insane and thus why i'm jobless.. well now employed but WAS jobless So at the last job you got 2-15s and a 30 minute lunch, they were SCHEDULED.. ever try to convince a phone to not ring 1 minute before your break? guess what happens then.. you get in trouble cause your break was not in the alloted time schedule. They can fix it, but they yell at you first. Then.. aside from those breaks, you have a total of 15 minutes where you could be not "Ready" to answer calls or on calls.. and this time is expected to be the time you can pee and/or rub your eyes, and/or ask clarifying questions from your boss or whatever, and/or type up notes you had no way you could finish on a 5 minute call because you gotta get 'em off the phone on average in 5 minutes.. hehe. It was ridiculous and I have a total newfound respect for people who work in a call center AND are not jerks. I don't know how they do it without going postal. Really don't. They're stronger than I that's for sure. I have a slight empathy for call center people who ARE jerks.. it's a coping mechanism.. one I'm not biologically wired to facilitate, but I won't hesitate to knock them back into the place of Human when they try it with me after knowing how call centers work on the other side. Essentially it boiled down to, I was too nice for the job, and I can't be micromanaged and both things blew up on me. So I really am hoping this new job is really a "here's your work, don't call me unless you're bleeding" kind of job. That's when I do the best. That's when I get into a groove and work through breaks and my body is like.. peeing? peeing is for the weak.. so is eating.. and sleeping.. we got's a jive going on here and it shall not be interrupted! But that always requires music.

Anyways.. still having fun with the panic attack of OMG I'm going to start a new job tomorrow and i will be cut off from the outside world!! nooooo.