View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 05:01 AM
GramMER

Default Question About Company Ethics

For a long time I subscribed to a link that seemed to only sell jelly rolls. I would prefer not to mention the name because I am not here to bash anyone.

The first time I ordered their products I was happy with my purchase. The next time I ordered I was OK with what I got. For about a year they sent me advertising about their sales. Sometimes the sales looked good, but I did not need what what was on sale. Finally not long ago, they sent me a deal I could not pass up. The jelly roll colors were exactly what I needed to make a quilt for a young man who has cancer. I got online and made the order and even found one other jelly roll that would be a good start for another quilt. My order totaled enough not to have to pay shipping charges.

While I was in the process of checking out the last jelly roll disappeared from my cart. OK, I thought maybe someone else bought it before I did and I just needed to go back and add that item to my cart again. Not so, the little sign said "Sold out." Keep in mind I started my order as soon as the sale was announced.

I finally got what I wanted together (without that one that disappeared) and got all my credit card information plugged in and pressed the complete button. Nothing happened. I thought that was strange since I know how ordering online works. I immediately used the customer service email to write and ask what was going on. Two days later (after the sale was over) the customer service lady answered me and of course my order was going to cost about twice as much. I have my emails where I wrote her the same day to ask help to complete the order, but she was not willing to give me the items for the sale price. The malfunction was obviously their falt.

My question: Has that ever happened to anyone on this list before? Is this a trick or a gimmick that the company pulled on me to get the price up?