View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 05:10 AM
Edie

Just the Centerpiece for Thanksgiving and it is a gorgeous roast turkey on a big white platter with baked sweet potatoes surrounding it and grapes. I don't particularly care for decorations for "holidays" like Hallowe'en. Actually, I intensely despise Hallowe'en decorations. I have a ceramic pumpkin that I put in the window on Hallowe'en to let the little kids know that we are home. As soon as it it over, I pack it up for another year. I do, however, go whole hog for Christmas. I decorate outside, every room in the house!!!! I found some really neat decorations at Walgreen's that I would love to have. They are lit "twigs" that I could use up the walkway to the house. I think I'll wait until the 26th of December and get them half-price for next year. I have the neatest set of dishes for us for the holidays (just my husband and I) that I got at Walgreen's for $3.75 or something like that - service for four! That's the stuff I like!!! I love Christmas. Yesterday we had snow for the first time this year (well, this Fall, anyhow) and I went into Walgreen's and they were decorating for Christmas - Under normal times, it would totally turn me off, however, with the snow and cold and wind and slippery streets, the Christmas Spirit got me. But the most important thing is remembering that Easter and Christmas (the two most important holidays - in that order - are not presents we give, but the present we got over 2,000 years ago! And I say Happy Easter not Happy Spring and Merry Christmas not Happy Holidays, too. God BLess us everyone. Edie Now I am going back to my sewing!