Thread: Why Tri-flow?
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 10:14 AM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by Kittywolf13 View Post
If I use the triflow on a newer machine am I gonna run into problems? I just got a copy of the manual to my original sewing machine and I CAN open it up... I didn't think I could. So I'd like to baby it a bit to see if I can solve the issues it's been giving me. But I imagine it's mostly plastic inside. So I know I can't use it on the motors anything else I should know.
I really can't see how you'd hurt it. Just don't put oil on any of the rubber parts. I also go pretty light on the plastic / nylon parts as well.

As a follow-up to my comment about contacting Tri-Flow.... I submitted a question via their contact form, it too the 2 weeks to get back to me with a link to Krylon's site, saying use the dealer locator form there. Well. The people in the city who carry Krylon paint are not necessarily the ones that carry a bearing grease. I spent almost 2 hours looking at sites and calling shops. There's -1- place in Edmonton that can order it for me. They're making me work pretty hard to give them money. This is about par with what I read on the bicycle sites too when I researched the stuff.