View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 12:07 PM
Lori S

Default I need sugestions!

My Mom has a Viking Ruby .. and has owned it for over a year. Its a great machine , but she does not use a good many of the functions.. specifically the emboidery . She took a class at Jo'Anns ( they sell them at that Jo'Ann's) but it was not very helpful and they were less than supportive becasue she did not buy the machine at that dealer. The machine was purchased at a dealership no longer in business.
I have tried to coax her into trying it again, but after the instructors obvious distain for her not purchasing at that location... she does not want to try it again. In addition she finds the weight and all the emboidery "stuff" difficult to get in and out of her car... and is concerned that all that hauling it around is no good for the machine.
I know she wants to do more with this machine... and I live 550 miles from her.. I want to find a way for her to be able to learn more and get confidence in using the emboirdery functions. I know she would "play" for hours, if she had some lessons.
Is there a book "for Dummies" on using these machines? The owners manual only goes so far and is quite limited. Are there highly competant people who would be willing to give private lessons? How do I solve this ? I would love to hear suggestions.