Thread: QOV
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 03:40 AM
Edie

I have been familiar with Quilting Board since the middle of September and so I am probably out of the loop here, but I need some information. I have just heard about QOV, Quilts of Valor, made for wounded soldiers in Afghanistan and/or Iraq. I want desperately to make a few quilts for these soldiers and I am wondering if any of you have made one or if I am the first one. The website mentioned patriotic blocks and I am thinking of Minnesota and things that are familiar to Minnesotans. We have a lot of soldiers overseas and if I could just bring a little home to them, I would love to do that. I would like to put in the woods, lakes, fish, football, baseball, flowers, Christmas tree, a house, stuff like that. I am wondering if this would be acceptable. The website said also that fabric shops give a discount on the fabric you buy for these quilts, which would help me greatly (we're retired). If any of you have done the QOV or are interested, could you let me know. Also, I would like a quilt to go to a Minnesotan so he/she could identify with the meaning of the quilt. "Home is Where the Heart is". That would be my title and the house block would be my center block.

Am I out in left field some place or is this something I can really sink my teeth into. Thanks for any help you can give me. Edie :D