View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 05:45 PM
Blue Cat

I love freezer paper applique. I always use it except for the few pieces that need to be needleturned. How many times you can repress the freezer paper depends on which freezer paper and which method you use. Reynolds seems to work better than others. Some just iron the paper on top and use that as a convenient guide to needleturn. The paper can be used many times. I put the freezer paper on the wrong side of the pattern with the plastic backing facing up. Then I iron the seam allowance onto the freezer paper. Clip as needed before ironing. Take your time ironing to get a good seal. Applique the top and bottom edges, pulling the freezer paper out gently when you have about 1" left to stitch. Pulling the paper out seems frustrationg at first, but becomes easy with a little practice. I change paper after every 5 pieces. After that, it is hard to keep the seam attached to the paper. And freezer paper just is not expensive enough to justify making the work harder than necessary. The upper seam is easy, but the lower seam is a little more difficult.

Good luck. Hope you enjoy yourself.