View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 06:24 PM
JudyTheSewer

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn View Post
I have only made the same pattern twice and that is because I bought 2 identical quilt kits for gifts. I like to try something different each time I make a quilt. I think that if I was to make the same pattern again it would be a snowball quilt. I like to do baby quilts and think the snowball block is perfect for baby quilts.
I always use a modified snowball block for baby quilts; only two of the corners are snowballed, the other two corners are just the square itself. There are a lot less seams to match with that design. I use flannel for the piecing, satin binding, and a cuddly fabric on the back. The parents are always so appreciative of receiving these blankets.
I made two Cuddle 4 patch Quilts out of blue and white fabric. The first one was for my son and when my friend went back to India I said I wanted to make her a quilt, what would she like? She wanted the same one I made for my son, so that is what she got of course!
Other than that, they are all different. Oops! I'm piecing two Dear Jane's now (another duplicate). I've done 9-patch, drunkards path, broken dishes, pineapple, cathedral windows, applique sampler, BurgoyneSurround, and a couple I can't remember the block names. I am easily bored and always like to learn new things. I have some designed in EQ7 that I want to make. I saw a braid quilt today that would be perfect for my brother.