View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 05:16 AM
bebe

If you are tell us what guild you belong to and why you like it??? How many members and anything else you want to share about your guild. :D

I know some of you have gotten a bum deal with some of the guilds. :
( :? :cry: :oops: :shock: :roll: :evil: :twisted: :x :oops: Let's try to be positive about the guilds not all of them are bad.

I really like mine and know that most are worth joining since many have programs, guest speakers, events and so on.
I belong to the New Braunfels Quilt Guild
Here is a link to it
http://www.newbraunfelsareaquiltguild.org/

I like it because we have neat classes, guest speakers, do charity quilts, quilts for habitat for Humanity, have a collage scholarship fund, put on a awesome quilt show every other year have a retreat, show and tell and so on. :D :D :D :D
Yesterday we had a blast. :D :D :D Many of our mebers went to the Houston Show and around 36 of us stayed behind. We played Strip Poker and used 2 1/2 inch strips to bid with I won several hands and came home with the same amount of strips that I started with. We had a great time.

Next month I am taking a class with the lady that wrote the book Gone to Texas.

We have had such speakers as Becky Goldsmith from Piece of Cake, the lady that wrote the pattern for the Mexican Star Quilt and so on.