View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 01:00 AM
Littlebearquiltingboard

Here goes:-

Bernina 550qe - "Beryl" - she's named after my ex mother-in-law who was the first quilter I met

Singer Featherweight 1952 - "Florrie" - she's named after my son's favourite soft toy

Singer 201 adapted electric 1940 - "Elizabeth" or "Betsy" for short. Her manual had the owners name in it but the first letter was just the initial E, so I thought Elizabeth would be a good bet.

Singer 99 hand crank 1960 - Kipper - she's my son's machine and he named her

Singer 15 treadle - "Hope" - her original 1947 receipt is made out to a Miss Hopewell.

Singer 15 hand crank - late 20th Century made in Taiwan - "Lucy" she's currently residing with my Mother who loves her and is named after the lady who gave her to me.

Singer 66 treadle 1924 - She hasn't got a name at the moment, I haven't started cleaning her up so we haven't got to know each other yet.

Bernina 707 Minimatic - my parents collected her from a charity shop yesterday so I haven't met her yet, I'll wait until I meet her before I give her a name.

The first two machines I have owned for a while but the other six only arrived since the end of October, just over two weeks' ago! For those of you who say how addictive sewing machine collecting is I have to say you are so right! They just keep on popping up and I can't say no!

Last edited by Littlebearquiltingboard; 11-14-2012 at 01:01 AM. Reason: typo