View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 05:59 AM
roguequilter

Originally Posted by jcrow View Post
I have a desktop computer only. No laptop even. I've been debating buying an Ipad for Christmas. And if I do, do I buy the mini? Wouldn't I want a big one? Do I buy the Ipad 2 or 3? Do I get the 16 or 32 or 64? Do I get 3 or 4? I really don't understand what all of those do or mean. I know 3 is 3rd generation but what does that mean to me? And 16, 32, and 64 I think tells me how much space I have, right? Well, do I need a lot of space? I won't be playing games. I will do gmail, check The Quilting Board, watch YouTubes, read patterns and I don't know what else. I want new, not used. I probably want an Ipad 3, right? I have a Droid Razr, and I don't like little, so I think the Ipad Mini is out (price is part of the factor, size is the biggest factor). So, anyone have a suggestion for me? I pretty much don't know too much about computers. Just the basics. Any help for me? Please?
bits = capacity. ....fyi - i have the 16 ...600 photos on it and it is only 1/2 full. & gazillions of bookmarks and sites saved to "reader" function which i LOVE!!

3, 4 = issue or model. son got me the four because of the new photo technology. e.g-better color, redeye corrections etc. size adjustable when emailing photos.

i don't do games on mine but a friend does on hers...older generation..think she said 3. i use email, utube search photography plus photo editing, & facetime. oh...and chat.. i don't do site apps..why? lazy. why take time to wander the istore when all the q & news sites & blogs i visit have full functionality w/o the clutter on "desktop".

and if you are going to cruise websites..download or search for patterns, go shopping or anything useful...i would think you want the larger size. i saw the mini and thought ??why?? not that much bigger than phone screen. i am not worried about the size or wt. i am not in the habit of walking around carrying it. and i don't do books on line.

hope this info helps w your decision making process.

Last edited by roguequilter; 11-14-2012 at 06:01 AM.