Old 11-14-2012, 06:27 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
Miriam,

Mine moves, sews and with the cams makes the patterns. But when the cam follower gets to the high parts of the cam the machine bogs down as if something is binding. And there appears to be way to much pressure on the cam follower. When I've used it there is always white debris on the end of the follower from the cams.

I've not had the time to really work with it. Way to many things getting pushed up to the top of the "to do" list.

Joe
Joe, I know you said you used Tri-Flow to clean/oil the machine, but do you think maybe some service repair guy used that "self-oiling" crap that Viking came out with? They put that on their machines claiming the machines were "self-oiling" and didn't need to be oiled. That stuff messed up so many machines after it hardened and gummed up. Even though your machine is not a Viking, there were service people using that crap to oil machines - ruined a lot of machines! That gave Viking a bad name for a time because so many of their machines got ruined from the stuff, but it wasn't the machine that was defective - it was their "self-oiling" crap.

Nancy