Old 11-14-2012, 06:59 AM
gardnergal970

Honchey...even when you were not well or dealt with Sandy, you kept us all "roped in" and on the trail just like the little boy in your block. I'm so thankful that you took us all on. I echo what Carrie said, I was not on FWS either but you all welcomed me on this Pony ride and I'm richer for it.
I'm looking forward to seeing your completed top, Carrie. Jan, what is the name of your sub block? It looks like it should have "y" seams but it doesn't.
QNSue...I'm across the finish line also and echo your question...what's next? I have the bonus blocks in process and those will be done and exchanged in January, right? Someone mentioned doing the 50 states and then there is Carol Doak and her 50 star quilt and those are all pp'd. I notice she also has a book Mariner's Compass Stars: 24 Stellar Paper-Pieced Blocks & 9 Easy Quilt Projects which could be interesting. Might be out of our comfort zone in the beginning but could be fun to work at together. Then there is the Civil War Diary which I believe has 150 6 inch blocks. I am still working on the FWS and am not sure I want to tackle another one with so many blocks. Two a week sounds easy but it usually takes me a day since I have to shift gears, sort fabric, and watch my p's and q's as I assemble it since it's a new pattern for me.
Welcome back QuiltE! I'm waiting to see all of your pent up quilting unfold. I can't imagine being away from quilting for so long.[ATTACH=CONFIG]376493[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails week-45.jpg