Old 11-14-2012, 07:22 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

I was thinking last night ... how far my quilting has come since being part of these two groups! I could never have won those ribbons on the FWS without the support here, and the skills learned in doing the work. Just think, I HATED PPing and now, I do not fear. Ironically ... I have come to love PPing so much and the excellence it gives, that I somewhat hesitate to do traditional piecing now! Strange, eh? I didn't know anything about FCing, and made it one of my PC goals, to get more comfortable with FC, and so I have. As a result, almost every block has some FC work. I pushed myself to do it and am glad that I did.

More thoughts from last night were the squishies that came from all round the world! The friendships made, the bonds created. We've shared our lives, the good times and bad. Laughed and giggled and had more fun than one could ever imagine. All virtually!

Onward ho! ... to whatever is next?
I'll be honest here ... I think, one of the reasons I have not progressed so much with my PC blocks is that I jumped into the PC while finishing FWS ... without a break. Add to that, the repetition of a sampler style. I guess what I'm saying is that I'm wondering if there would be a pattern we could choose that would be away from a sampler style and yet be something we could break down into the weekly chunks. Maybe a long shot request? Or maybe someone has an idea?

Another thought that had been discussed a wee bit sometime ago, was to do a colour study project together. I believe OKSGlad had some ideas in that regard. For me, I somewhat stumble along when it comes to colours, shades, tints, etc. and really should learn the technical background to feel more confident when choosing fabrics.

Just some thoughts ... and yes, I'm hoping to stick with this crowd!