View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 08:35 AM
maviskw

I'm giving a demo on using glue at out next meeting. I bought a bottle of Roxanne's GLUE-BASTE IT. The small bottle costs $4.50, and the larger bottle (4 times as much) costs $9.00. The larger bottle comes with two long metal applicators so you can get a nice thin line of glue, a cap for them, and a spout "cleaner outer". Of course if the spout needs much cleaning, whatever is in it can be washed out. I expect when that bottle is gone I will fill it with Elmer's School Glue.

I tried it on several projects to prepare for my demo. Last Saturday at 4:00 I pulled a comfort quilt top (40X60 for the hospital comfort cart) out of the closet, and laid it on the bed. I put the back down and smoothed the batt on. I folded the batt back half way and put drops of glue every six inches or so and smoothed it back. Then I did the other half. The top was done in the same manner, but I used the iron to start the drying process. The bed is soft, so I just held the iron over the spots for a few seconds. I left the quilt set while I prepared the binding. Then I sewed the binding on, and did some machine quilting. NO PINS! I was almost finished with the quilt before supper. I left the binding closing and one corner to do at the demo.

This is so much fun.