View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 09:03 AM
roguequilter

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
Here is an idea I read somewhere and it helps but is not the total cure: tie the wire connecting the pedal to machine to the leg of the table closest to where you want your pedal to be.....giving it just enough cord to stay there......like a dog a a short leash...moves a bit but not all over the place. I work on the cement floor of the basement and I think I will try that velcro strip...........nothing to lose, sanity to gain. My old machine (viking) pedal never moved and when I got this "new" thing(babylock) I was frustrated with the scooting around.........and I refuse to purchase some pedal caddy...the mfgr of machine should make their pedals better..........
my fw, my old necchi & now my janome..pedal always moved. i use the woven looking crinkellaly looking shelf liner stuff. under my machine, under the presser foot and under flat tupperware thingy fr a yardsale from sliding on table. i use the tupperware thingy to keep cutters, scissors etc in one spot when not in use. i have twist ties around the cords from table top to floor all neat and together. then wrap all around table leg to keep them neatly together at floor level. i use the din room table for my sewing, small house and the din room leads to every where, so fairly hi traffic area w cord control a must. as long as i am here sharing...i made a "design wall" out of long piece of felt w rolled seam at top for body, nylon rings for hanging the "wall" from picture hanger hook stuck into top of deck door frame (leads fr din rm to deck) so no holes in walls. pocket hem at bottom w dowel fr hardware store to keep it hanging down straight. i don't do many bed quilts since living here...besides...there are only so many beds to cover ). i prefer working w minis or wall hangings.